MTV’s “The Real World”
Aired on 8/11/10, “New Orleans XXIV” Watch the clip, the Tours by Isabelle segment starts 4.3 minutes into the episode.
Almanac of Travel:
Tours by Isabelle offers a totally unique type of touring which differs markedly from what you find on large bus tours... It’s as Tiffany’s is to the 5 and dime stores!
Turning Points in History
Featured, as a part of this series, in a one-hour documentary on the History Channel on the 1927 Mississippi Flood and Hurricane Katrina.
BBC's The Travel Show, 16/05/2015 GMT Ten years on from Hurricane Katrina, scars remain in parts of New Orleans, Is tourism helping or hindering recovery in the Lower Ninth Ward?
New Orleans City Business featured Tours by Isabelle in an article from April 2013 about how local businesses are adapting to changes in technology.
The Accidental Farmer by Christine Muhlke, New York Times - Dec. 2010. Isabelle's Organic Orange Orchard appears in the Food Section of the New York Times.
Louisiana Lifestyle Runs Deeper than Katrina's Floods by Andrea Lovejoy, La Grange News - Sept. 2010
Tours by Isabelle was featured on MTV's "THE REAL WORLD" The Real World cast is guided thru neighborhoods which were devastated by Hurricane Katrina on The Post-Katrina Tour. Air Date. 8/11/10 The Tours by Isabelle segment starts 4.3 minutes into the episode.
Though many tourism-related firms are barely affected by Gulf oil spill, fishing and swamp tours are taking a hit by Matthew Albright, The Times-Picayune - June 2010
Two Years Later, Two Stories of New Orleans by Peter Greenberg - July 2009
Even After the Storm, New Orleans Visitors Can't Stay Away - Front page of the Wall Street Journal (PDF) - December 27, 2005
Disaster Tours Pass Ninth Ward And Fats Domino's House; 'It's Just Human Nature' - by Christopher Cooper
Chicago Tribune - May 7, 2006
Chicago Tribune: 8 great American cities - May 7, 2006
Isabelle's interview on NPR - May 2006
Isabelle's Post-Katrina City Tour is soon to be featured as part of a one hour documentary on the Flood of 1927 with parallels Hurricane Katrina's disaster, to be broadcast in Canada and the UK on the History Channel series: "Turning Points of History."
Tourism Twist in New Orleans: Hurricane Tours Storm damage becoming a major attraction; could help restore lost dollars - By Ron Mott, NBC News, msnbc.com, Dec. 28, 2005
CNN International: Jonathan Mann interviews Isabelle during a Post-Katrina City Tour - February 26, 2006
NBC Nightly News - December 28, 2005
Local NBC affiliate WDSU 10PM News - December 28, 2005
Tampa Tribune: 'Disaster Tourism' Begins To Thrive - December 30, 2005
Travel Weekly Katrina tours generate wave of interest... and controversy by David Cogswell - January 3, 2006
Times Picayune - January 5, 2006 & January 10, 2006
Daily Telegraph: Tourists Queue for Disaster Trips in the Ruins of New Orleans By Alec Russell - January 7, 2006
Take a guided tour, see a hurricane disaster up close - Houston Chronicle, January 19, 2006
ELLE DECOR Goes to New Orleans - Elle Decor Magazine, 2010 - By Mimi Read
TheStar.com - Turning Points of History IX | High River Blues - The 1927 Mississippi Flood, August 29, 2007
- Featured on the Travel Channel in Arthur Frommer's Almanac of Travel: "Tours by Isabelle offers a totally unique type of touring which differs markedly from what you find on large bus tours... It's as Tiffany's is to the 5 and dime stores."
Recommended by FROMMER'S Travel Guides
- Unofficial Guide to New Orleans
- Portable New Orleans
- Irreverent Guide to New Orleans
- Recommended by FODOR'S Travel Guides since 1986
- New Orleans 2010, Ports of Call 2010
- Eyewitness Travel Guide To New Orleans
- Mapeasy's Guide Map To New Orleans
- Insider's Guide to New Orleans (4th edition, page 172)
- Featured in Vanguard Airlines' In flight mag Zoom
- Featured in the April 8, 1991 issue of People Magazine "Tours by Isabelle receives high marks for it's small size and enthusiastic service."
- Featured in the June 1998 issue of Atmospheres Magazine in the "Notes de Voyages" section published in France